the Center for Instructional Technology and Online Learning
The Center for Instructional Technology was established to promote faculty development aimed at enhancing the student learning environment and increasing faculty involvement in the science of teaching and learning. The goal is to produce a continuous cycle of inquiry, assessment, and revision in the teaching/learning process focused on improving student learning. Funds will be used to support: on-campus workshops, development of on-line courses, and enhancing technology usage in teaching. Please use the menu to the right to access materials for the various instructional software supported by the university.
Instructional Software for Faculty Use
- Blackboard Learning Management System
- The Blackboard Learning Management System is the online course delivery tool utilized by UMES.
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Online live classroom meetings
- Echo 360 Lecture Capture
- Recording of lectures in class or in faculty offices for online viewing
- Respondus Campus
- Creation of Paper and Online Assessments
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- LockDown Browser creates a “locked” testing environment for Blackboard assessments
- Respondus Monitor
- Respondus Monitor is a companion application that integrates webcam technology with LockDown Browser. Together they address the core issues of student identity and cheating, creating an essential layer of security for non-proctored assessments.
- Online tutoring service that provides remote academic support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- An interactive polling solution for in-class activities
- Interactive Publisher Content
- Integrate content from textbook publishers directly into Blackboard
University of Maryland Eastern Shore