Voice Mail - Using Directory Assistance
It is easy to find out the extension number of any subscriber through directory assistance.
There are two forms of directory assistance. Your system may use one or both forms. Callers with letters on their telephones can use automatic directory assistance, which identifies subscribers by their last names. All callers can use numeric directory assistance, which groups subscribers by department, location, or some other category.
You can remove yourself from automatic direcotry assistance so that callers cannot learn your extension number. To change your listing in numeric directory assistance, contact your System Manager.
To add or remove yourself from automatic directory assistance
- Call the system. Enter your Personal ID and security code.
- Enter 2 for No until asked "Access setup options?" Enter 1 for Yes.
- Enter 2 until asked "Change your personal options?" Enter 1.
- Enter 2 until you hear "Change your directory listing status?" Enter 1.
- Enter 1 to be listed. Enter 2 to be removed.