Voice Mail - Record Greeting
Callers hear your greeting before they leave you a message. Your mailbox has three greetings:
- When your extension is unanswered
- When your extension is busy
- An alternate greeting for special occasions
Letting the system create your greetings
If you do not record new greetings in your own voice, the system greets callers with your name or extension number. For example:
- Standard greeting, such as "Pat Green is not available right now."
- Busy greeting, such as "Pat Green is on the phone now."
- Alternate greeting, such as "Pat Green is out today."
Using a standard or busy greeting
You can record a standard greeting for when your extension is unanswered and another for when your extension is busy. For example: "Hello, this is Pat Green. I am on the telephone now. Please leave a message." For callers to hear a busy greeting you record, you must make it active.
If you do not want to use a separate busy greeting, you can record a single standard greeting for all situations when you are unavailable. For example: "Hello, this is Pat Green. I am not available at this time. Please leave a message."
Using an alternate greeting
You can record an alternate greeting for special occasions, such as vacations. For example: "Hello, this is Pat Green. I am out of the office today, but will return tomorrow."
When your alternate greeting is active, the system plays it instead of any other greeting.
By recording an alternate greeting, you can switch back and forth between your alternate and other greetings without having to record a new greeting each time.
To change your standard or alternate greeting
- Call the system. Enter your Personal ID and security code.
- Enter 2 for No until asked "Access setup options?" Enter 1 for Yes.
- Enter 1 to change your greetings.
- Listen to your current greeting.
- Enter 1 to switch to your other greeting (standard or alternate). Otherwise, enter 2.
- Enter 1 if you want to re-record the greeting you selected. Otherwise, enter 2.
To change your busy greeting
- Enter 2 until asked "Access setup options?" Enter 1 for Yes.
- Enter 1 for Yes when asked "Change greetings?"
- As your current greeting plays, press 1 to continue to the next option.
- Enter 2 until you hear your busy greeting.
- To re-record your busy greeting, enter 1. Otherwise, enter 2.
- To make your busy greeting active, enter 1. Otherwise, enter 2.