Voice Mail - Leave a Group Message
A message group lets you send the same message to a group of subscribers. Using a message group works best if you often send messages to the same group of subscribers, such as a department. Your System Manager can create message groups for you. You can also create and edit your own message groups as part of your setup options. Once you create a group, you can add or delete subscribers from the group.
Usually, every member of a group will hear a group message. However, your System Manager can set up certain groups for dispatch distribution. A message sent to a dispatch group is heard only by the first subscriber to receive the message.
Who got my last message?
The sytsem can tell you once everyone in a group has received your message. If you do not get this confirmation, you can ask the system who in the group has not heard a message yet.
To leave a group message
- Call the system. Enter your Personal ID and security code.
- When asked "Hear new messages?" enter 2 for No. When asked "Leave messages?" enter 1 for Yes.
- Spell the group name, or enter the special group ID and group number. Enter 2 until you hear the name of the group you want, then enter 1.
- Record your message at the beep.
To find out who has not heard a group message
- Start to send a new message to the group.
- The system says that some members have not heard your last message. Enter 1 to review the message.
- Listen to the message or enter 2 to interrupt it.
- Enter 2 to avoid canceling the message.
- Enter 1 to list who has not heard the message. Enter * to stop the list, if you are using a touchtone telephone.