Voice Mail - Checking New Messages
New messages are messages you have not yet heard. The system will notify you when you have new messages waiting. The system sorts your messages in a messages stack. It plays all urgent messages first, then all regular messages. The system also sorts yoiur messages by sender. For example, it plays all the urgent messages from one person first, then the urgent messages from the next person, and so on. If the system does not know who xsent a message, it says that the message is "from your message box."
After you hear the messages from one subscriber, you can immediately leave a reply, without entering another number.
Optional playback features
Your System Manager can set special features for you that control how the sytem plays your messages:
- The system can play your new messages automatically each time you call the system.
- The system can tell you how long it will take to play your messages.
To check new messages
- Call the system. Enter your Personal ID and security code.
- Enter 1 for Yes to check new messages.
To reply immediately
After hearing all the messages from a person, wait for the beep, then record your reply.
To move on without replying
Enter 2 to hear the next person's messages.
To change the volume
- Enter 5 once to reduce the volume.
- Enter 55 to increase the volume
- Enter 5 a third time to return to normal volume.
To change the playback
- Enter 4 to reduce the speed of the playback.
- Enter 5 to change volume.
- Enter 6 to increase the speed of the playback.
- Enter 7 to go backward.
- Enter 8 to pause.
- Enter 9 to go forward.
- Enter # to repeat.
- Enter * to stop quickly, if you have a touchtone telephone. Otherwise, the system stops after a few seconds of silence.