of AGRICULTURAL AND NATURAL SCIENCES
Department of Natural
The Department of Natural Sciences and the School of
Agricultural and Natural Sciences offer a limited number of
scholarships to UMES students every year. Science scholarship
awards are made on both competitive and need basis and require
submission of an application.
Interested DNS students should
(Click here to download SANS/DNS Scholarship Application!)
DEADLINE: February 28, 2014
Applications are accepted by email
Applications must include:
- A complete APPLICATION form.
- A SCIENCE STATEMENT. The Science Statement should describe your interests and long-term career goals. It should be 300-500 words long.
- A PERSONAL STATEMENT. The Personal Statement should tell
the scholarship committee why you should be awarded the
scholarship. If you have financial need, include that
information here. The Personal Statement should be 300-500
- Two letters of recommendation, from your advisor or current or
recent professors addressed to the Chair of the Scholarship
Committee, Department of Natural Sciences.
- A copy of your unofficial UMES transcript.
Please submit the entire application packet as one PDF file. (Here's how!)