Click Here to Register Your Vehicle
At all times all motor vehicles including motorcycles and scooters operated on campus must be registered, regardless of ownership. Vehicles must be registered on a yearly basis at the start of the academic year, which runs from September 1 through August 31 of the next year.
Registration fees for parking permits are as follows:
||Hang Tag Renewal
||Temporary Hang Tag
||$40.00 (Window decal)
Permits may be purchased at the Student Services Center (SSC), Room 1135 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. until further notice. The parking office closes promptly at 3:00 p.m. We accept, cash, check, money order, credit card, Hawk Card.
For students who have housing assignments changed at the direction of Residence Life, there will not be a fee for exchange of parking permits, but a letter from Residence Life is required.
Vehicle decals should be properly affixed in the following manner:
- Window decals should be permanently affixed to the inside lower front windshield on the drivers side.
- All expired UMES permits are to be removed from the vehicle. Hang tags should be displayed from the vehicle rear view mirror with the tag number facing outward.
- Motorcycle decals must be affixed to the front fender or fork.
- If proof is provided that the state of vehicle registration prohibits decals in the UMES designated location, then the decal can be affixed to the lower left driver’s side rear window.
- Vehicles are not considered registered unless these procedures are followed.