Voice Mail - Leave Messages Directly for Another User
If you do not need to talk with a subscriber, you can leave a message directly in their mailbox.
To leave a message directly in a subscriber's mailbox
- Call the system. Enter your Personal ID and security code.
- When asked "Hear new messages?" enter 2 for No. When asked "Leave messages?" enter 1 for Yes.
- On the telephone, spell the subscriber's name. Otherwise, enter the extension number.
- Enter 2 until you hear the name of the subscriber you want, then enter 1.
- Record your message at the beep.
- Enter * to stop recording, if you are using a touchtone telephone. Otherwise, the system stops after a few seconds of silence.
- When spelling a subscriber's last name, use a "wildcard" number (typically 0 or 1) for any letter in the last name you do not know.
- Enter three "wildcard" numbers (for example, 111) to hear a list of all the names that you can send messages to.
- If you are using a touchtone telephone, you can enter ## to switch between choosing by name and choosing by extension number.
Controlling your recording
If you want to control your recording, enter 8 to puase. You can also enter # to start over, if you are using a touchtone phone.
Canceling a message
If the recipient has not heard your last message, the system lets you cancel it. You can then record a new message.
To cancel a message
- Start to send another message to the same subscriber.
- If the subscriber has not yet heard your last message, the system asks if you want to review it.
- Enter 1 for Yes to review it.
- When you hear the message you want to cancel, enter 2 to interrupt it, then enter 1 to cancel it.