Goals & Objectives
- To collect, process, and disseminate all data relative to the financial functioning of the University
- To continue the enhancement of all functions of the sub-component in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the University
- To provide strategic recommendations for the enhancement of the financial position of the University.
- To ensure compliance with federal, state, system and UMES procedures as they relate to administrative and accounting internal control guidelines
- To reduce the bad debt expense yearly, through the identification and use of improved cash collection methods;
- To develop new processes and the strategy necessary to implement a new Student Accounts Receivable system (SOAR);
- To continue the effort to improve processing timeliness of invoices, achieving a 0% delinquency rate;
- To increase the accuracy, timeliness and reliability of inventory records and ensure the inclusion of university properties as they arrive on campus;
- To review, update and document procedures in all functional areas;
- To continuously improve the registration process through more automation and interaction with other departments on campus;
- To assure proper procedures are implemented to achieve the responsibilities of the comptroller's office as they relate to direct lending;
- To improve efficiency of office space and adequacy of records storage space;
- To strengthen the administration of Contracts and Grants Accounting; and
- To ensure the timely processing of delinquent accounts receivable.
University of Maryland Eastern Shore